Day 9: Toy Organization
This was a really easy challenge for me. When Ben was around 2 or 2 1/2 I bought these cool cube shelves from Target, to store all of his toys in.

And you can buy these cool fabric bins that fit in the shelves, for the small toys. We use ours for Ben's Lego Thomas the Train set, small action figures, and one for toy cars, that are larger than matchbox size. I am also hoping to add more in the future. It ends up working well, because Ben know what goes in each bin, and can put the toy back there, when he is finished playing with it (not that this always happens, but he does know where everything goes, so clean up is easier)

In Ben's playroom, I turned the shelves on their side, so they were only 2 bins high, by 4 long, so he was able to reach all of his toys, and I didn't have to worry about anchoring them to the wall.
I liked this setup so much, that after Christmas when I reorganized Ben's room, I purchased another set to put in there. We moved all of his building type toys into his room, and this freed up some space on the shelves in his playroom, so we could make room for all the new toys he received for Christmas.
It really does keep all of his toys organized, and off the floor. Which I LOVE! :)
Here are some more pictures of Ben's room. This was the day I rearranged all of his furniture, and organized his toys. I did this the Monday after Christmas, and am happy to report, his room looks exactly like this today. Yaay! for organization and it making toy clean up so much easier to keep up with!!!


2 Comments:
Your kid has an awesome room! Nice and clean too! I bet it's clean ALL the time, right? LOL
Thank you!! Ha ha ha, about the clean part! But in all honesty, his room is usually clean, it's his playroom that needs to be marked off with caution tape. lol
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home