This is Our Life...

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Day 7: The Pantry

You may have noticed I skipped Day 6. I have 2 very good reasons for doing that.

1. Day 6 Challenge was Dresser Drawers. I very, very recently cleaned and organized all our dresser drawers, when we purchased new bedroom furniture. So, there wouldn't really be any challenge. I also just organized Benjamin's dresser when I moved his furniture around, shortly after Christmas.

2. Our sweet chihuahua puppy Remy, swallowed pieces of a rubber bouncy ball, and spent the night at the vet's office to see if surgery would be needed to remove it. Thankfully everything passed, and he does not need surgery!!!! Yaay!

So, I skipped ahead to Day 7: The Pantry

This was a two day process, because our Pantry is located in our laundry room. And since the Laundry room challenge was coming up on Day 10, I figured do both at the same time, and save some trouble. But I will keep the picture of the Laundry room side, for Day 10. :) They really are worth waiting to see. My laundry room was a DISASTER ZONE!!!! No kidding. Just wait for the pictures. The only reason I am willing to post the horrible mess, is the after looks so nice, that I want to show it off. lol

Ok, on to the before pictures: (you can click on the pictures for a larger view....uh...just in case anyone wants an up close view of all my clutter!!! lol




The After Pictures:



Up close picture of all my organized cans lol


Up close picture of my labeled milk crate bins...



Even the dogs got their own labeled basket:


I'm not really sure why I never finished painting this room.....but just ignore the paint job. I will have to add this to my "to do" list.


Here is a picture of Ben's Arts and Crafts tub. After sorting through all the paints, coloring books, activity books, playdoh, moon sand, crayons, markers, water colors, finger paints etc etc. I have put myself on a VERY strict NO BUYING ARTS AND CRAFTS DIET. lol All of this stuff was originally stored on the bottom shelf of my pantry. Unfortunately, (or maybe fortunately for me..lol)I didn't include a before picture. As I was already sorting through all of it, before I decided to take pictures. But trust me, it was a MESS!!!




Here is a picture of what my sweet little boy did, while I was overhaulin' our laundry room. LOL There is nothing like sitting in an old laundry basket, eating some cheddar popcorn. :)


Tomorrow is Sunday, and the challenge allows Sundays off!! Yippee!! So I will be back on Monday to show you my updated and organized Coat Closet!! :)

Happy Organizing!! :)

As always, if you would like to join in on the organizational challenge, just click on the button below.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home