Day 20 and Day 21
The next two challenges are organizing all your photos and keepsakes, and day 21 was an open challenge.
I am currently still working on organizing all of our photos. I bought a few really cute photo boxes from Joanns Fabrics, and hope to have them completed sometime soon. We store a large majority of our photos on our external hard drive....so it's not as large of a task as it could be.
Day 21: I chose to clean out and organize my filing box.(we actually had 2) I went through all our old paperwork that we really didn't need anymore (water bills from 2002 (yes, really LOL) etc etc. We have now fit all of our important documents into one file box, with a lot of room to spare. So happy about this!!
Some may wonder why we have a file box, and not a filing cabinet. We used to have a filing cabinet, but for one, it took up way too much floor space. And 2, it's so much easier to grab our filing box (it's only 2ft height by 1 foot deep) and throw it in the trunk of our car, in case of a hurricane evacuation. So much easier, and everything important is in one spot.
As this inspiring organizing challenge draws to a close, I can't even begin to explain what this fun challenge has done for me. I know it's just a cleaning challenge...but it has done so much more for me, personally. The feeling I have to look around my house and see a clean, organized space is more full filling than I can put into words. I am no longer embarrassed by certain areas around my house, and by organizing those areas, I have truely grown to love my house. Don't get me wrong, I have always liked my home....but there were definitely times when I was eager to talk Mike into moving to a new house. Now, I have grown a much larger appreciation for the house I live in, and I am proud of what Mike and I have done to make our house a home for our family. Words really cannot express how much my soul needed this type of challenge, and how in the end I have gotten much more than just an organized house.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home