This is Our Life...

Monday, September 8, 2008

Not again!!!

As if the scare of Hurricane Gustav wasn't enough, now we have hurricane Ike in the works. They keep changing the models (almost everyday it seems) but from what I heard there is still the chance of the storm changing it's course, and heading straight for us. :( We must have a bull's eye on us, or something, this year!?!

What's even worse is, during Gustav I called 3 days before the storm was "suppose to" hit, and found a hotel room relatively easy in Austin. Well, this time doesn't seem as we are as lucky. And this is now 5 days before the storm may hit!!
We decided to search for a room tonight, mostly just for a back-up plan. But to our shock, there is not a room to be had at all! Well, let me take that back, we can have a room Friday, Sunday and Monday--but no luck with Saturday. WTF? Do we just sleep in the car one night?

If it was just Mike and I, I wouldn't be as worried about just riding it out. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure riding a hurricane CAT 3 or 4 is unbelievably scary for an adult. But, when it comes to a baby--yeah right!! No thank you! Not even an option.

I am just so beside myself right now. I really don't know what to do. I'm just praying Ike doesn't hit here. Not that I want it to hit anywhere, of course, but you know what I mean.

After Rita hit back in 2005, I told Mike if another hurricane hit here, we would start planning to move, somewhere far away from the Gulf of Mexico. And after this hurricane season, I must say I am so tired of worrying about our well being after all of these "threats" of a hurricane hitting right where we live--I may just suggest we do just that. UGH!! I hate hurricane season!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home