This is Our Life...

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Update, and pictures

After my last post I got so busy, that after a couple of weeks went by I really didn't want to face the moster post I needed to make to update this blog. So, instead of seperating all the pictures ect. I am going to just make one monsterous post. :)

Let's see.....July was a fun month, where we celebrated both Mike and my birthdays! Mike turned 30, and I got to celebrate my 1st anniversary of my 29th birthday. :)

Mike and I celebrated our birthdays together, with a nice dinner out. We went to a local mexican restaurant, and my awesome brother watched Benjamin for us. (we actually didn't leave until Benjamin was already asleep ;) ) But it was so nice to have a nice relaxing dinner out, where we could have real adult conversation, and not have to worry about anything, but enjoying our own food. :D

The Saturday, after Mike's birthday we had a very small "party" to celebrate his birthday. Here is a picture of the cake I made for him
Photobucket

With LOTS of candles
Photobucket

Should we call the fire dept?!? LOL
Photobucket
Benjamin helping Mike make a wish and blow out the candles
Photobucket

Benjamin has also become quite the swimmer, this summer. He absolutely LOVES the pool, and we are so lucky that my parents live so close that we can go swimming numerous times a week. :)
Here are some pictures of him swimming with his float suit, he kicks his feet and does the doggy pattle motion with his hands:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Swimming with MomMom (my mom)
Photobucket
Splashing with PopPop (my dad)
Photobucket

A couple of posts back, I mentioned how we welcomed a new pet into our family, named George. I keep saying it's Benjamin's cat, but I love him just as much as Benjamin. :)

Photobucket
Photobucket
A couple of weekends back, Mike and I took Benjamin to the local park that has water sprinklers, again. This time he had even more fun, than the last. Mike was so impressed how fearless Benjamin was, running in and out of the water.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The little boy next to Benjamin had so much fun watching Benjamin run through the water. He seemed very apprehensive about the water, but after watching Ben, did give in to atleast touching it. Benjamin kept trying to convince him that it was fun, in hopes he would want to play. Unfortunatly, no such luck--he would not let go of his mom's leg.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

This picture made me crack up!! LMAO One day a couple of weeks ago, I had put Benjamin to nap and went to go make myself lunch. We had been pretty active on this day, so he was asleep by the time I had finished making my lunch. When I saw this on the monitor, I HAD to sneak into his room and take a picture. :)
Photobucket
Photobucket

I took this picture last weekend. Benjamin was playing with his backpack, and I could not help but envision what he might look like carrying a backback on his first day of kindergarten. Oh---let's hope that doesn't get here too soon.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

And here is a picture of the most recent quilt I was working on. It's a wall hanging, that I specifically made for our bathroom. I actually did the whole thing by hand, no machine at all. I was trying to better my skills at hand piecing, and handquilting. All in all, I am happy how it turned out (even with the little unique mistakes I made) ;)
Photobucket
And here is the quilt I have been working on (FOREVER!!) IT is still not handquited yet, and I am not sure if I am going to bite the bullet and just order the walking foot attachment for my sewing machine, or just handquilt it myself. But here is the finished quilt top.
Photobucket
Now, hopefully I can keep on track with posting more frequently. :) (crossing my fingers)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home