I'm Back!!! :)
Well, I made it!! I lived without the computer (atleast for entertainment purposes--as I did have to jump online and pay a couple of bills) for 5 days. I'm really suprised I was able to do it. At the beginning of the week, I kept feeling the urge to jump online and check my email/various forums etc. But by Wednesday I was actually busy doing other more interesting things.
Over the past week I jumped back into my love for crafts. And spent every night working on some sort of project. It kept me busy, and I really must say at the end of the week I have a overwhelming feeling of accomplishment, for all the projects I worked on, and all the projects around the house I did.
Spending time on the internet is entertaining, and does keep me busy, but after the end of a week there is never a feeling of accomplishing anything. Rather, most weeks I feel as though throughout that past week, I accomplished very little. Probably due to the fact that I spent a great deal of my time sitting on my butt in front of my computer.
But with all that said, I realized another really funny/crazy thing this past week. I own A LOT of craft items. And I mean A LOT!!! I was just discusing with Mike earlier, that this must say a lot about my personality for sure. Most people, I'm sure, find an interest in 1 or 2 particular crafts, and then fly with it and learn everything they can about it, and make tons of that kind of particular craft project. But not me. Oh no!
Myself on the other hand, I have a ton of stuff for tons of different types of crafts. When going through all of my stuff this week, I found that I have a huge amount of items for the following crafts:
1. Scrapbooking
I have tons of paper, tons of stickers, tons of edging scissors, a few uncompleted scrapbooks, and tons and tons of photo prints all waiting to be put into a scrap book.
2. Crocheting
I have atleast 5 or 6 different "how to" book on the subject of crocheting. I have a huge rubber maid tub FULL of different yarns and tons of crocheting needles (both in plastic, metal, and wood). But what I keep asking myself is....why there aren't a ton of crocheted blankets scattered around my house, or why I have yet to make myself even a scarf. (LOL) I know, I know, I do live in the south--so that might be the reason for no scarf.
3. Quilting
I started on my quilting hobby shortly after we started the adoption process. I was determined to make a "Good Wishes quilt" for Benjamin. I did, however, finish this project and just until recently it was proudly displayed on a wall in Benjamin's room. But after finishing that quilt, I found I really loved making quilts. So, I invested in everything you can imagine for quilt making. I must say though, that I do have a handful of quilts to show for this. And I am just now, finishing a quilt I started on before Benjamin was even born, and am looking to be finishing it in the next week (fingers crossed) :)
4.Cross Stiching
When I was working in Pennsylvania, shortly after Mike and I moved in together, I worked with a lady named Nina. Nina made the prettiest cross stiched baby blankets I had ever seen. During our lunch hour, I would always see her working on some sort of cross stiching project. After many weeks of watching her sew, I finally asked her to show me how to cross stich. Never in a million years did I think I could do something like this. But I picked it up rather quickly, and since then have made a good amount of cross stiching projects (all I have given away to other people as gifts) So I have all the cross stiching floss colors you can imagine, tons of yards of Aida fabric, and a zillion size cross stiching needles.
5. Rubber stamping/card making supplies
Two summers ago I was invited to a Stamping Up party, my next door neighbor was having. This then threw me onto the rubber stamping/card making wagon. And I of course bought tons of supplies to make
6. Knitting
Yes, I have recently taken on yet a NEW hobby. Knitting. I already have stashes of yarn (bought only for knitting, not to be confused with my crocheting stash) and have accumulated so many knitting needles (wooden, plastic, and wooden) that I don't have enough hands nor projects to use them all. And the kicker.....
I have yet to even learn how to knit!!!!!
The only saving grace I can say for myself is, most of these prior listed craft supplies were purchased prior to Benjamin. So, the only new purchases I have made on craft supplies was just recently, and they were bought with birthday money.
But like I just told Mike, I think I have enough craft supplies to keep me busy until, I don't know, 2015??? :)
So, if you hear me mention the fact of being bored, or having nothing to do (which really doesn't occur often) please scoot me in the direction of my craft supplies and tell me to make something usefull. :)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home