This is Our Life...

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Well, we ended up not leaving afterall.

The storm took a turn towards the North, rather than the West, towards us. Thankfully we were spared this time. New Orleans and other parts of La, weren't as lucky unfortunatly. :( I dread the rest of this year's hurrican season.

Just wanted to let everyone know that we are okay, and everything is fine where we are.

In other news, I started working on my next quilt wall hanging. This time I am making it to hang in our bedroom (and the colors all go along with the neutral colors in our bedroom)
Here is a picture of the quilt squares after I cut them out tonight. (notice George at the top of the picture---if I am working with fabric (cutting or sewing) George is always by my side..LOL) Silly cat.


I think I will hand piece & handquilt it again, since I enjoyed doing it so much with my last project. I also may be changing the layout slightly, after having the chance to view the picture on a screen, versus in person. (It's funny how a picture can give you a different perspective of what the quilt will look like.) I think I will be swapping the bottom white triangle on the left, with the bottom black triangle on the right, and then swapping the middle brown triangle on the top of the quilt, with the center light tan triangle on the bottom of the quilt.) I think it will change it up a bit, and possibly make it more balenced. :)

I will add pictures when I am finished, or close to finished with the quilt top. Then again after I am finished quilting it and able to hang it in our bedroom. :)

And what's a post without some pictures of my handsome little explorer. :)

Benjamin riding his bike:

Watching a frog in the yard:

Daddy's little helper (and shadow) :)

Heck with my lawn mower, this stick is much more fun!!

Benjamin is fascinated by bark on a tree---he thinks it feels so cool!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home