This is Our Life...

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Wow...time to catch up

Things are slowly starting to get back to normal for us. Mike is still working 70+ hours a week---so that is still something we are all trying to get used to. And we are still cleaning up from the hurricane. But other than that, things are settling down around here and we are finally getting into the fall spirit.

Lately we have been so lucky to actually be experiencing fall type weather (mid 70's during the day, and low 60's at night--AAHHHH I'm in HEAVEN!!! lol) So I have found myself picking up the pace in working on my quilts, while enjoying the wonderful weather. There is just something about fall/winter that makes me want to curl up with one of my in-progress quilts, and sew away. :) (yet another reason I have been so lazy in updating our blog)

As I start finishing more of my projects, I will start posting pictures of them, so everyone can see what I have been up to. I seem to find so many neat ideas for quilts, that I have so many things that are "in progress", because I can't wait to start a new design or pattern that I have seen and not so many that are actually completed. Ah well....it keeps me busy, and definitely entertained. :)

I have taken so many pictures over the last few weeks, that I am just now getting them uploaded from our camera. But I thought I would share some really cute ones on my blog. Some others will have to wait until closer to halloween, as I don't want to give away (just yet) what Benjamin will be for Halloween this year. (And no--it's not Elmo, as originally planned) ;)


Our neighbor let Benjamin borrow this cool power wheels, and because the mosquitos are just so awful lately, I let him drive it around IN the house! Boy was he in his glory!! And what a speed racer he is!!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

On a trip to Target for some diapers, I picked this adorable chair up on clearance. Original price tag $19.99 (I paid only $9--what a bargain) I only wish they made them in adult sizes. LOL
Photobucket
And here is another picture showing off Ben's cute outfit. As the cooler weather starts approaching (probably won't actually get here until closer to December though! LOL) I start to realize how many cute outfits he won't be able to wear anymore. So I have started making a point in taking his picture when he looks exceptionally cute (since he looks cute every single day.) :)
Photobucket
Cute upclose shot

Photobucket

Having some fun painting earlier this week:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here is a picture of a train quilt (the 2nd one I have made him so far) that I made for Benjamin. This is actually the easiest quilt I have ever made, that I am not really sure it should be called a quilt, rather than a blanket. :) Benjamin and I were in walmart one day, when he started yelling "Tain mommy, look TRAIN!!!" And there a couple of aisles away, hanging on a display wall, was a train blanket. So, I asked a lady who was working in their fabric department, how the blanket was pieced together, as I had originally thought it was all individual pieces. But alas, this is actually one whole panel of fabric, and all I had to do was attach the bias tape/border. That's right! It's already put together for you, and includes the batting, and backing, and it even has been quilted on top!! I mean, really, how much easier does it get?!?!?

I think I may end up making one of these blankets anytime I need a baby gift for someone! It was so easy, and they even come in a couple of different designs. :)

Photobucket
Photobucket

We have also started working on potty training this week....
Photobucket

While I don't think I am ready to go full blown on giving up the diapers just yet. I am predicting Benjamin will actually beat me, to being ready in this department, as he has already started asking me to change him when he is wet. He actually started telling me when he would poop a couple of months ago---but being wet never really phased him, until recently.

Here is a couple of pictures that I am titling "Linus" Benjamin has always had this thing for his blankets (flannel receiving blankets) and has always insisted on sleeping with 2-3, or even 4 at a time in his bed. But lately, he has started to actually carry them around with him. He cuddles with them, chews on them, and pretty much loves the heck out of them. And now, after seeing how much he loves them, am so happy we have always had a pretty large rotation in blankets. So, he never actually got attached to just one, and I can easily wash them, w/o a full blown, meltdown occuring. {sighing in relief} But after all the love these blankets have endured, I am starting to think we will need to actually buy some new ones sometime soon. I am afraid sooner or later, with all the washing and dragging, and chewing these poor blankets have had to endure, there will be nothing left of them. :)
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

And here is my little man---gosh how big he looks in this picture. Almost like a little kid {gasp!} How fast my little baby has grown up!

Photobucket

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home