Move over ducks....there's A *NEW* toy in town!!
Not sure if anyone remembers Benjamin's LOVE for ducks. Anything from bathtime rubber ducks, to the real quackin' thing. He LOVED them!!! And his face would beam at the sight of one.
Well, sadly, we have said goodbye to the duck. :( There is definitely a NEW toy in town, at our house.
Meet Thomas..

Benjamin has found his love of trains. Lucky for us, we have a train crossing less than 100 ft from our house--so many, many, many times a day, Benjamin and I get to run to the back door and watch the train go by. We are usually tipped off that the train is coming when it's about 1/4 mile from the crossing. Lucky for us--the trains around here are pretty noisy.(even during the night)
But Benjamin is just fascinated by them, and gets this HUGE grin on his face, everytime a train passes by. Mike was hoping to build Benjamin a train table sometime this weekend, for him to drive his trains on. (I'll post a pic, if it happens this weekend--if not due to the holiday weekend--possibly next weekend.)
What sparked off building a train table is, I took Benjamin to Barnes & Noble on Monday for their under 3 yrs old story time. Well, they no longer have it on Mondays (but didn't update their website) so Benjamin and I decided to browse the children's book area in search of a new book about, you guessed it, trains. Only, we found something better, a Train table, even with little "Thomas the train" trains to drive around.
I sat and watched Benjamin play for close to 45 minutes on that train table. He loved driving the trains all over the tracks, and he kept making the sign for train (well, not the offical ASL sign, but our version of Train) to me, and simply beaming from ear to ear.
After I told Mike how much Benjamin enjoyed the train table, we agreed---we would definitely build him a train table to play with at home. I can't wait!!!!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home