Out & About
Saturday Mike and I decided to give our Ergo (baby back pack) a whirl and take Benjamin out for a hike.
It was a beautiful day for it. The sun was shining, the birds were chirping, and we were all itching to get out of the house. :)
We headed towards the canal at the far end of our neighborhood, since they have a couple different hiking trails, and we thought Benjamin would get a kick out of seeing the water.
Nice shot of the woods, and the water


Here are a couple of Benjamin and I, and Mike and Benjamin
(I love the look he is giving in this shot)

As you can see in this picture, Benjamin is showing you a stick. For the most part, he insisted on carrying some sort of stick our entire walk. ;) He also would then use that said stick to poke me in the back of the head every once in a while to make sure I remembered he was riding on back. lol :)






The trail we chose to take, had a couple of fallen trees that covered the trail a couple of times during our walk. Most of them were a breeze to step over (even while carrying Bejamin) except for one. One of the trees had fallen, but you had to climb UNDER it, rather than over it, to continue on the trail. Going, was no problem. But while were were walking back---well let's just say Benjamin got one of his first "boo boo's" :( And I am guilt driven to say, it was me who was wearing him at the time. :( I swear I thought we both had cleared the tree. Especially since I had asked Mike (who was walking in front of us to keep an eye out for snakes---since we actually saw one on our walk into the woods--EEKK!!) if we were both clearing the tree. I didn't hear any response, so I kept walking, hunched over until I heard Benjamin start to cry, and Mike yell "lower, lower". Yeah, umm...a little too late.
Benjamin's boo boo :( (insert bad mommy icon) :( I just feel terrible about it.

Thankfully, it wasn't too bad of a scrape, and Benjamin fully recovered after a couple of minutes of Mommy (and daddy) hugs and kisses.

Atleast we had a little humor on our walk home. I witnessed my first "butt tree". And actually, this tree had two butt's. How funny is that?!?!


And lastly, we finished our our day with a yummy dinner of spaghetti and meatballs. We had yet to be brave enough for Benjamin to try Spaghetti--so he thought it was extra yummy.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home