Living Room Remodel
You may wonder why I have not updated the blog for a little while. (altough I have now added new posts--see below) The title says it all. We have been very busy with our living room remodel. We were finally able to finish laying the laminate wood floor from our living room thru to the dining room (or I should say USED to be the dining room) ;)
My parents had the same laminate flooring in their living room as we do, and recently decided they would rather have ceramic tile (which I must say, looks fabulous in their living room) so they gave us all the laminate flooring they had, after taking up their floor. YAAAY!! I can't even express how appreciative we are for this!!
Finally we were able to finish laying the floor (we started last August some time and are just now finished. Whew!! (well, almost--we still have to put the new floor trim up and paint a wall) But I can't even say how nicely it has turned out. Better than I even imagined.
Not to mention, we did a little demo in the process, so now our house looks COMPLETELY different. :D And I just LOVE it!!! Where our dining room once was, is now our living room, and where our living room was is now open space for Benjamin to play in and run about. It completely opens up the house (even more so than it was before hand) :)
I'll just stop typing now, and start posting pictures. I'm sure it's easier to actually see what has changed, vs. me trying to explain it. ;)
Before: (not the best beforehand pic, as this is from xmas time, but it does show how the living room and dining room were once seperated by a wall)

Notice behind the wall was once the "dining room",although we used it as a playroom for all of Benjamin's toys, and as a computer room/junk space for all of the things we have, yet don't know where to put.
Now here is the AFTER:**



We also bought new living room furniture and said a sad goodbye to our well-loved yet well-worn leather sectional. :(
Here it is awaiting the trash men:

And here is Benjamin watching as they hauled it away :)


We were sad to see it go, but VERY happy to welcome our new furniture. :)
**please ignore the various wires hanging out on the walls, as Mike hadn't dropped the new wire in the wall when I took these pictures (it's finished now) and I couldn't live without internet, so we strung the wire on the ceiling until he was able to drop the wire in the new location for the tv and computer.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home