This is Our Life...

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Benjamin is now 15 months old!!!

I have been really bad about updating his teeth chart, but I figured since we just realized he is getting a molar, now is as good a time as ever. ;)
Photobucket
**All the blue marks represent what teeth have already come in.

Benjamin at 15 months old:
Photobucket
(in this picture Benjamin is taking our "I'll-beat-you-down-the-hallway-and-to-the-open-bathroom/bedroom-door" stance, since this is our new and highly loved game as of lately) Pretty much, when (not if) someone leaves either a bedroom door, or bathroom door open and Benjamin notices it. He will stand in this stance at the beginning of the hallway, until my eyes meet his. As soon as our eyes meet, he goes running (yes literally running) down the hallway to beat me to the open door (a.k.a unforbidden room) in hopes he will have one minute/second alone in this forbidden room. So far, he has yet to beat me down the hallway. lol Give him time. LOL

Checking out Uncle Joe's room, to make sure the baby gate is still up..
Photobucket

Making the rounds and checking ALL the doors
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Checking out what is going on in the backyard..
Photobucket


And lastly, Benjamin being Benjamin
Photobucket


This is what Benjamin has been busy learning at 15 months old:

He can clap his hands (to various songs, and in praise).

Holds up 1 finger to show you how old he is (when asked "How old are you?")

Can tell you what sounds the cow/pig/horse/dog/farmer make when asked.

Can follow two part commands. (Ex. "Benjamin, go pick up your jacket and put it in your room." As if I wasn't completely floored that he went to pick up his jacket, but gosh darnit if he didn't go put it in his room!!!! :D )

Can point out every picture, appropriately, when asked, in his "First 100 words" book. Who knew he understood what a house was? For real, if you ask him where the house is, he will find the picture of the house and point it out for you. I was completely floored, because when exactly did he learn what a house was, or boat or zebra!!! Yes he can show you where the Zebra picture is!!! Amazing, if you ask me.

Now says these words clear as a bell, "Dada", "MaMa/Mum", "MomMom", "PopPop",
And just as of today said "Benjamin" not clear as a bell, but clear enough both my mom and I sat there, with our mouth hanging open in amazement. We asked him how old he was, and he appropriately held up one finger to symbolize that he is "1 year old" and then I asked him what his name was (normally he responds with his 1 finger, only to burst out laughing. But this time he non-chalantly said "Benjamin" (Ben-anin)

He now signs "milk", "more", "all done", "apple" and although this is technically not a ASL sign, he will do the "Toot Toot" gesture with his arm, every time a train goes by (which is ALOT) and as of yesterday he will do the gesture for "riase the roof"--this is hilarious!! Trust me. :D

He can also do simple puzzles, and can point out all of his colors when asked.
I'm sure there is much much more (like climbing into his own highchair, and scaling the baby gate) that I am forgetting. But for now that is a good list to give everyone a good idea of what Benjamin is busy doing lately. (oh, and I should definitely add, keeping me on my toes!!! lol)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home