We made it!!
Yes, we made it through the first week of school for Mike. I wasn't sure what to expect, as I had gotten very comfortable with our routine since Mike's winter break. Things started off kinda hairy, but Benjamin and I quickly picked up our old bedtime routine again. (thank god!)
Mike ended up adding an additional class to his schedule, so we are seeing even less of him. I made him get up early this morning, just so Benjamin would remember, that yes, he does have a daddy.
I told Mike, he is going to make Benjamin his TOP priority this weekend. As he spent a total of 30 minutes or so with him ALL WEEK! And technically those minutes don't really count, as Benjamin is half asleep, and drinking his bedtime milk. But on a brighter note, since Mike added this additional class, he will only have to do his co-op next semester, instead of his co-op and a class. His graduation is still aimed for December--so hopefully the co-op he picks will just turn into his permanent job. (fingers crossed)
In other news, Benjamin has had an eventful week...here in picture form...
Benjamin now has a BIG BOY BED!!! Although, we have just started introducing it to him--he has yet to sleep in it. The crib we have for Benjamin doesn't convert into anything but a crib--so we bought this crib toddler/daybed for him to transistion into a larger big boy bed. Probably when he is 3 or so we will get him a full-size bed. But until then, we want to see how he does with this bed.
Hanging out in my new big boy bed:


Benjamin has also started to feed himself with his spoon. Suprisingly, he didn't get a lot on the floor. :)



My parent's friends from Florida stopped by for a visit while driving through Texas to Az to meet their new grandbaby, and brought Benjamin the cutest life-size Elmo doll. At first, he was a little scared of it. But it didn't take long before he was pushing Elmo around in the big red car:

And throwing Elmo in the trunk, so they could both ride together.

He has also decided to become friends with the Chicken elmo, his Nana and Pawpaw bought him for christmas. (he wasn't too sure of it at christmas, but now he will go push the buttom and make him dance--while laughing. Yes, no more tears)

Not sure if anyone remembers this picture, but it is from last August when we first got Benjamin his new aquarium. I took the 2nd picture yesterday---and it's amazing how much he has grown!!!
Then:

Now:

Benjamin also got to experience a real bubble bath. Yep, that's right, so far his biggest fun was in the kitchen sink!!lol But I decided it was due time to experience the real thing--he had a BLAST!!! And well, my bathroom floor showed it!




I love the expression on his face in this one--almost like "okay, okay, I surrender--no more splashing mommy" lol

And lastly yesterday Benjamin turned 14 months old!!!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home