Crunchy?
I've decided to try using cloth diapers for Benjamin. I really wanted to do this when he was first born--but got a lot of negative comments about how unsanitary it would be, or "why in the world would I want to do that when I could use disposables?" or "you realize he is going to get a diaper rash all the time now right?"
Well, I decided to take the plunge (no pun intended) and give cloth diapers a try. Well...I am HOOKED!! They are so not like how they used to be eons ago. We are currently using a cloth diaper called Fuzzi Bunz. Wow, are they just the neatest diapers ever. They are what is called a "pocket diaper" which means you add cloth inserts into a pocket located in the back of the diaper, depending on how much absorbancy your child needs. Well, Ben is an extremely HEAVY wetter, so we have been doubling up on inserts and so far so good.
Here is a sample picture of a Fuzzi Bunz:

And here is what it looks like on the inside:

As you can see, no pins, or folding or any of that "old-fashion" cloth diapering lingo. It's as easy as using disposables, but a fraction of the price. Not to mention, they come in like 20 cute colors. :D I almost cannot wait until it gets a bit warmer so I can just let Benjamin run around in his t-shirt and diaper. They are really that cute!!
I am slowly building up a stash of diapers, so that I can only do laundry every 2 days instead of every night. But even with doing laundry every night, it's really not as difficult as I once thought. Not to mention, the best part of using a "pocket" diaper is that the inserts come out and go into the washer along side the diaper part. Which means drying times are cut practically in half, and they are truely getting clean and sanatized.
I truely wish I would have changed over to cloth a lot sooner. But I am extremely happy we will now have cloth diapers for our next child, already lined up. (did I mention how well these diapers hold up for multiple children? Or how the resale value for cloth diapers (especially pocket diapers will almost return 80% of our cost when we no longer need diapers for our children?) It's literally a win-win situation. :D


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home