Unwanted advice
After the day I had today, my wonderful hubby ;) brought me this home

Boy did I need a "chocolate-pick-me-up" after today. The day started out great. Benjamin and I had our normal morning routine and prepared to go shopping with a "friend" (I am using this term very loosly). What a BIG mistake that was. I was under the impression we would only be out and about 1 1/2 -2 hr max. I mean, honestly, I can't imagine expecting Benjamin to endure much longer than that. He is only 14 months old. Well, the 1-2 hr trip turned into a 4 hr long shopping fest! And I did not buy ANYTHING!! Enough said right?!? Honestly I was too busy chasing Benjamin around, and trying to make sure he didn't clear all the shevles in every store we went in!
Well, for what it's worth, I really think Benjamin did an awesome job in the behaving dept. Four hours of being trapped inside a mall is torture to almost anyone--and even more torturous if you are a 14 month old little boy, who likes to run around and make noise. :) My "friend" on the other hand had anything but nice comments to make on Benjamin's behavior. Or for a better word, my ability as a parent.
Really though, what do people expect me to do when Benjamin has a tantrum? He is 14 months old! There is no reasoning with him, and I REFUSE to bribe him in order for him to stop having a tantrum. Did I mention he is 14 months old? lol
Well, needless to say, my "friend" was shocked at Benjamin's tantrum (even though we were pushing the 3 hr mark of being at the mall) and pretty much doesn't think I am doing a good job of teaching Benjamin how to "LIVE IN SOCIETY" Um what??? He is 14 months old, how many more times can I say this? He doesn't understand that his crying, is embarrassing/annoying to other people. All he knows is that he is not happy, and being stuck in the mall, expected to ride around in a stroller for 4 hours was DEFINITELY NOT making him happy! Whooo...
Can I just add that people who DO NOT have children, should not tell people who DO have children how they should or should not raise them?
I was doing the best to my ability to keep my child from not trashing the whole mall for 4 hours straight. I think I deserve a little consideration/empathy, NOT a long speal of how my child is a brat (this word was not used, but definitely implied)
Is it hard enough being a first time mom, only to be judged by others and then told about such judgement TO MY FACE?? (and I am sure also behind my back)
On a postive note..here is a picture of my adorable, smart, rambunctious little man!! He is, and always will be the highlight of my day. :)



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home