This is Our Life...

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A visit from the Police.....

Ok, calm down---it was only a visit from the police, for story time, at the local library. lol

Benjamin thought it was so cool. The policeman came to talk about "stranger safety" and how you should not talk to strangers etc etc. Benjamin really didn't listen to much of what was said, he was too busy being a social butterfly with the other kids. lol

But when it came time to see the police car, he was first in line. :)

Photobucket

He even got a chance to sit in the front seat (while being squished by other kids) and push some buttons and touch the steering wheel
Photobucket

He was also able to sit in the back seat (I, ofcourse, told him this would be the one and only time he would ever find himself in the back seat of a police cruiser!!!lol)
Photobucket
Photobucket

Just as a side note, I never noticed (since I have never been in a police car that is!! ahem....no really I haven't) that the back seat in divided in half by a piece of Plexiglas. And exactly how small and claustrophobic it is back there.

Here is a video of some kids trashing exploring the police car, and playing with the siren. Note the end when I ask Benjamin if he liked the siren, he says "Cheese!!" lol I think I may take too many pictures of him. lol



And here is Ben's imitation (while eating his dripping ice cream cone) of the siren:

Here is a picture of him and the policeman in the cruiser
Photobucket

At the end of story time, the police man let Benjamin push the button to turn the siren on. Notice the HUGE grin after he does it. lol



This definitely ranks up with the day the Firemen came to visit story time

http://rhinestoneshades.blogspot.com/2009/03/fire-engine-fun.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home