This is Our Life...

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Climbing out from under the covers!!!

LOL The post title pretty much says it all. I feel as though I have been swamped with everyday life that all I really want to do is climb back in bed and hide under the covers. LOL

But then again, Benjamin would DEFINITELY not allow that!!!lol So here I am,finally, updating this blog.


We have had a busy month. Lots of changes, some exciting, some extremely sad, and some not so fun. But we are still here and keeping busy. Benjamin is growing so much (not literally, and literally). It seems everyday he says at least two things that have me rolling on the floor, cracking up!! He is quite a character.

Mike has been working a ton! So Benjamin and I have been keeping busy playing outside in our yard, swimming in our pool (kiddie pool-- for those that might have thought I had finally made Mike crack under pressure and give in on the whole adult pool idea,lol)




playing in the sprinkler,
PhotobucketPhotobucket
going to the park (which has a really cool water sprayer area that is a BLAST), doing our ritual Saturday garage sale shopping (which I will post about some of my cool finds soon), going on bug hunts (to date we have caught a Frog,






a grasshopper,
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
a love bug, and some really funky looking beetle.

We have been taking care of our chickens (Yes, you read that right, we now have chickens--which deserves a whole other post in and of itself)

Photobucket

and basically enjoying spring (technically summer...but Texas's spring)

Benjamin has been loving the time we spend outside, especially riding his bikes. He can now "crazy-man" pedal his tricycle and will go forwards and backwards.

Photobucket

He also has such an imagination. Some days I can just sit and watch him play for hours. And other days we have our "two year old" moments. The "trying two's" has definitely made a stop at our house. We are hoping for a short visit, but buckling up for a intense couple of months. :)

I will be trying to update some of the important dates I have missed in my absence ex. Mother's day, I will also post all about our chickens, and Mike's adventures in building the coop, and I also want to do a post on some of my latest garage sale finds. I'm thinking of making certain days of the week "UPDATE" days to help me in updating our blog and keeping it active. I'm thinking Saturdays I'll do a post about our latest garage sale excursion, and any of the treasures we have found. And then I will pick a day to talk about the chickens and post some recent pictures etc about them. And then I will try and update 2-3 days a week with Benjamin posts. :)


I will end with two pictures I took last week.

Daddy and Benjamin



And our cool little boy!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home