I'm actually "officially" in my 30's
That's right, "officially" I am now in my 30's. lol 31 to be exact. :) I had a really nice birthday this year. Mike and Benjamin gave me a Wii for my birthday.

I have to say, I am not usually a person who really likes to play video games. I can usually find a million other things that I would rather be doing, than sitting in front of the tube playing a video game. But OH MY GOSH, I love my Wii!!! Mike also bought the Wii active

so that I could have some variety in my workouts. It's really pretty cool. I can pick my own personal trainer, and then it tracks my progress on how well I do each exercise, how many calories each workout burned etc. So far, I am really liking it. The only negative part about the Wii active, is the 30 day challenge. The game offers you the option to do a 30 day challenge workout. Where it tracks your progress, calories burned etc., for 30 days. It then sets on a calendar what days you are suppose to work out on, and which days are rest days. This seemed like a nice option, to help keep you on track, right? Well, if you happen to miss one of the scheduled work out days, you cannot make it up. The game automatically schedules you, two workout days on, and one day of rest. If you miss one workout day, you then only can workout one day, and then the next day is a "rest" day, so you can't work out on that day either. Ugh--pretty frustrating to say the least. But other than that, I love this game, and am even considering buying the Wii fit (which is a lot more money than the Wii Active--but has loads more option and workouts.
I must add, that Benjamin has also caught the "Wii-bug" Here he is playing golf...
He is really quite good, I must say. I was completely surprised how quickly he caught on to the games, and the rules. But so far he is loving it. We also try to use the wii as a "treat" for when he has had a really good listening day. So far it is working really well, and on the non listening days...he definitely misses being able to play golf or tennis. ;)
And now to end this post on a positive note--a picture of my little cutie!!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home